You can contact us via phone and email or use our contact form.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Tire production involves numerous processes – from the mixing of the basic materials to the production and combination of individual components to quality control. Depending on the mixture, rubber, for example, is mixed with carbon black, silica, oils, resins and sulphur to produce the various rubber mixtures, also known as mixing. During vulcanisation, or baking, the tire components are bonded together using heating presses at over 170°C and cured. During these processing steps in tire production, large volume flows are loaded with odour emissions and rubber dusts that are released into the atmosphere and pollute the environment.
Riedel Filtertechnik offers a wide range of standard and individual solutions for these process exhaust air flows – from dedusting applications to rubber odour control. Our specially designed dust extraction systems keep emissions well below the limit values of 10 mg/m³. That typical smell of rubber is eliminated by our COPLAS clean cold plasma air cleaner system in an energy-efficient and reliable way. It eliminates typical rubber odours by separating VOCs, such as ethanol. So, tire production can become more sustainable than with conventional technologies.
- Optimised system design
- Simple maintenance and operation
- Maximum system availability and 24/7 operation
- High operational reliability and low operating costs
- Minimal space requirements
- Compliance with occupational safety standards
- Sustainable and energy efficient technologies
- Compliance with laws as well as official and technical guidelines
- Standardised and individualised solutions for industrial air pollution control throughout the entire rubber and tire production process
- Technologies for reducing industrial rubber odours at various emission points
- Dedusting of mixing, batch-off and vulcanisation plants
- Pneumatic solutions for a gentle handling of bulk materials, such as silica
- Customer-specific plant designs based on on-site Customizing
- Certified solutions according to ATEX and pressure equipment guidelines
- Process engineering components to increase plant safety, constructive explosion and fire protection
- High degree of automation and possibility for integration into existing IT infrastructure
Your project is our focus
Demanding projects require good planning. Our technical sales team will work hand-in-hand with you to develop a solution that perfectly meets your requirements. If necessary, we carry out tests on-site with our mobile COPLAS clean unit and support you with BImSchG applications. Find the right contact person for your project.
ENGINEERING & AUTOMATION
We use our technical expertise, the latest 3D applications and cutting-edge programming languages to create your individual project. We offer industry-specific expert knowledge and decades of experience in handling global projects – all from a single source.
Production, pre-assembly and quality testing activities take place at our main site in Leopoldshöhe, Germany. We excel in worldwide shipping and export matters to deliver our solutions to your door.
Riedel's experienced personnel will ensure trouble-free installation and commissioning of your system at your site – mechanical and electrical assembly combined. We would be happy to accompany you during subsequent official acceptance measurements.
- Fabric filters
Our dedusting solutions can achieve clean gas dust contents below 1.0 mg/m³ as standard. Furthermore, in many cases, the air can be fed back into production. The result is that dust emissions are reduced by using fabric filters and we play our part in taking care of our environment. Our JMS hose filters, JMP cartridge filters and JMT bag filters are cleaned automatically with compressed air. These dedusting solutions are also available in stainless steel, with pressure shock resistance, trace heating and insulation as well as fire and explosion protection. We have the expertise to find the right type of industrial fabric filter for your production requirements.
- Venturi & absorption scrubbers
Venturi scrubbers are a proven, industry wide solution for air pollution control. Our HNA venturi scrubber can reliably remove dust from damp exhaust air flows. This wet scrubber is designed to clean gas dust content of below 5.0 mg/m³ with reasonable energy expenditure. The scrubbing liquid is treated and cleaned via automatic belt filters or time-controlled outlet valves, which empty automatically during the operation of a partial load. The absorption scrubber reduces acidic and basic as well as gas-laden components in the exhaust air to the permissible values.
- COPLAS clean – Odour reduction with cold plasma
Our cold plasma treatment eliminates odours just like nature, only faster. COPLAS clean is our non-thermal plasma technology for industrial odour control. Odours are eradicated without any chemicals, water or waste. Our patented plasma reactors produce reactive oxygen and OH radicals, which are then injected into the exhaust air. The ingenious result is that odour molecules are oxidised in just milliseconds by non-thermal plasma technology – without any direct contact with your systems.
- Pneumatic transport
Bulk materials such as cut tobacco, tea, chips or crystal sugar are transported gently with our pneumatic transport system to keep production changes to an absolute minimum. Our patented SACU tobtronic® is the most effective and safest technology to ensure blockage-free, pneumatic conveying of bulk materials at a low speed. The patented FPC pipe couplings avoid gaps and edges that can affect the bulk material.
- VAC & NetVac® – Industrial central vacuum cleaning systems
Our industrial central vacuum cleaning systems improve the working conditions of your employees, increase plant availability and reduce wear and tear. Industrial central vacuum cleaning systems are more efficient than mobile industrial vacuum cleaners. These central vacuum cleaning systems ensure that any removed material, such as dust, bulk material or production residues, are collected in a central location. As a result, waste disposal is much simpler. There is no limit to the number of cleaning points that can be installed.
- Central dust and material handling – industrial dust collection system
A central industrial dust collector enhances the efficiency and cleanliness of machines, systems and buildings. Our dust collector systems consolidate bulk materials, dusts or products at central locations. When the dust collection system is in suction operation, the bulk material is automatically taken from the collection points and then transported over long distances. At the receiving point, the product is sent for further processing, loaded or compacted for disposal.
- Case study of a German tire manufacturer
- Treatment of exhaust air from mixing & batch-off processes
- Odour reduction via cold plasma technology
Tire // Eastern Europe
Treatment of dust and odour emissions in the exhaust air of the mixing/batch-off and curing areas in a tire factory in Eastern Europe. Installation of filter systems for dust removal and COPLAS clean systems for odour treatment at various emission points
Fabric filters for dust removal in the mixing/batch-off area
- Various JMT bag filters
- Total air volume: 200,000 m³/h
- Total filter surface: 2,300 m²
Fabric filters for dust removal in the curing area
- Various JMP cartridge filters
- Total air volume: 20,000 m³/h
- Total filter surface: 720 m²
COPLAS clean technology for rubber odour control
- Various COPLAS clean systems
- Total air volume: up to 220,000 m³/h
- Outdoor installation with weather protection enclosures
- 24/7 operation
- Optional remote maintenance via LTE
- Odour treatment without pressure loss
- ATEX-compliant filter design
- Constructive explosion protection
- Constructive fire protection
- Differential pressure-controlled filter cleaning
Tire // Germany
Odour reduction of exhaust air from mixing and batch-off processes in the tire industry by injection of plasma-enriched air through COPLAS clean technology to meet regulatory limits
COPLAS clean system for the treatment of exhaust air with an odour concentration of 1,000 GE/m³
- Air volume: up to 220,000 m³/h
- Injection fan for fresh air supply: up to 6,500 m³/h
- Bag filter as pre-filter for separation of smallest fresh air particles
- HMI for user-friendly operation
- Optional remote maintenance via LTE
- Backflow protection of exhaust air
- Weather protection for outdoor installation at sites with reduced space
- Effective large volume flow treatment without pressure loss
- Installation upstream of the onsite axial fan for optimum distribution of the plasma-enriched air in a 2.2 m diameter pipeline
- Odour reduction: < 500 GE/m³ measured according to DIN EN 13725