Numerous processes are utilized in tire production – from mixing the raw materials to the production and amalgamation of individual components to quality control. For the production of the various rubber mixtures, also called mixing, rubber is combined with different substances such as soot, silicon, oils, resin or sulfur and is mixed. In vulcanization, what is known as the baking process, the tire components are connected together using heat presses at over 170°C (340°F) and hardened. In these processing stages of tire production, large volume flows of odour emissions and rubber dust are produced, which get into the atmosphere and harm the environment. Riedel Filtertechnik offers a wide range of standardized and tailored solutions for this process exhaust air – from dust extraction to reduction of odour emissions. Our dedusting systems can be customized to specific requirements. They result in output significantly below the threshold of 10 mg/m³. That typical rubber smell? Our COPLAS clean system eliminates it by separating VOCs, such as ethanol, from the mixing room in an energy efficient and reliable way, thus making tire production more sustainable than with traditional technologies.
- Optimized system design
- Simple maintenance and operation
- Maximum system availability
- High operational reliability and low operating costs
- Compliance with European laws, official and technical guidelines, stipulations and norms
- High dust and odour reduction of more than 95% through innovative and sustainable solutions
- Improved energy efficiency
- Occupational safety
- Takes up little space
- Consultation and assessments
- Exhaust air cleaning and automation
- Standardized and individual filter systems
Bag filters, hose filters, cartridge filters, Venturi and absorption scrubbers, twist separators und cyclones
- Dedusting of conveying systems, dryers, production and packing machines
- Certified solutions in line with ATEX and pressure equipment guidelines
- Process engineering components to increase system reliability
- Turnkey system installation
- On-site Customizing with our mobile COPLAS clean unit – for customer-specific system design for optimal odour reduction
- On-site pilot tests as part of the creation of BImSchG applications
- Assistance with official control measurements
- Fabric filter
Our filter systems minimize dust emissions. With our dedusting solutions, we can achieve clean gas dust contents below 1.0 mg/m³ as standard. This means that in many cases the air can be fed back into production. The result: dust emissions are reduced and the environment is protected. Our hose filters, cartridge filters and bag filters are automatically cleaned with compressed air and are also available in stainless steel, pressure shock resistant, with trace heating and insulation as well as fire and explosion protection.
- Venturi & absorption scrubber
Your exhaust streams are moist and contaminated with gases? Our scrubbers ensure safe and efficient cleaning because they reliably remove dust from moist exhaust streams. With reasonable energy input, clean gas dust contents < 5.0 mg/m³ can be achieved. The scrubbing liquid is cleaned by automatic belt filters or timer-controlled drain valves that automatically drain a partial volume during operation. The absorption scrubbers reduce acidic and basic as well as gas-laden components in the exhaust air to the permissible values.
- Cold plasma technology COPLAS clean
Our cold plasma treatment eliminates odours like nature, only faster. COPLAS clean is our non-thermal plasma technology for industrial odour reduction. Without any chemicals, water or waste, odours are permanently eliminated. Our patented plasma reactors generate reactive oxygen and OH radicals, which are then injected into the exhaust air. The highlight: The odour molecules are oxidized within milliseconds by the non-thermal plasma technology - without direct contact with the system.
- Central machine and plant cleaning VAC & NetVac®
Our machine and plant cleaning improves the working conditions of your employees, increases plant availability and reduces wear. Central machine and cleaning systems are more efficient than mobile equipment, such as vacuum cleaners. They ensure that dust, bulk material and production residues are collected at a central location. This makes disposal much easier. The number of cleaning points installed is almost unlimited and can be flexibly expanded.
- Central dust and material handling DCS
Central handling of bulk materials reduces costs, increases efficiency, and enhances the cleanliness of machines, plants and buildings. The collection of bulk materials, dusts or products at central positions is ensured by our DCS systems. In suction mode, the bulk material is automatically picked up from the receiving points and can be transported over long distances. At the receiving point, the product is fed to the further processing procedure, loaded or compacted for disposal.
Tire // Germany
Odour reduction of exhaust air from mixing and batch-off processes in the tire industry by injection of plasma-enriched air by COPLAS clean technology to meet regulatory limits
COPLAS clean system for the treatment of exhaust air with an odour concentration of 1,000 GE/m³
- Air volume: up to 220,000 m³/h
- Injection fan for fresh air supply: up to 6,500 m³/h
- Bag filter as pre-filter for separation of smallest particles of fresh air
- HMI for user-friendly operation
- Possibility of remote maintenance via LTE
- Prevention of backflow of exhaust air into our system
- Weather protection for outdoor installation due to space limitations
- Treatment of the large volume flow without pressure loss
- Installation upstream of the on-site axial fan for optimal distribution of plasma-enriched air in the 2.2 m diameter ductwork
- Odour reduction: < 500 GE/m³ measured according to DIN EN 13725