Dogs and cats love it: pet food. There are numerous process steps involved in the production of pet food, including extrusion, drying, cooling, machine extraction or the cooking process for wet food. When processing wet and dry food, dust and odours are released into exhaust air, and can severely impact the environment. These odour emissions are subject to strict limit values per BImSchG, specified in TA Luft. Riedel Filtertechnik offers a broad product portfolio with individual solutions for pet food production. From dust extraction and dedusting of conveyor systems, extruders and dryers to the reduction of odour emissions, all bases are covered. Through the precise design of our systems, we provide optimum and energy efficient solutions for the production of pet food. We handled volume flows of much more than 50,000 m³/h, either individually or combined depending on requirements. Structural explosion protection ensures safe production in line with ATEX guidelines. The protective housing on our COPLAS clean system to reduce odour emissions, we ensure occupational safety during operation.
- Optimized system design
- Simple maintenance and operation
- Maximum system availability
- High operational reliability and low operating costs
- Compliance with European laws, official and technical guidelines, stipulations and norms
- High dust and odour reduction of more than 95% through innovative and sustainable solutions
- Improved energy efficiency
- Occupational safety
- Takes up little space
- Consultation and assessments
- Exhaust air cleaning and automation
- Standardized and individual filter systems
Bag filters, hose filters, cartridge filters, Venturi and absorption scrubbers, twist separators und cyclones
- Dedusting of conveying systems, dryers, production and packing machines
- Certified solutions in line with ATEX and pressure equipment guidelines
- Process engineering components to increase system reliability
- Turnkey system installation
- On-site Customizing with our mobile COPLAS clean unit – for customer-specific system design for optimal odour reduction
- On-site pilot tests as part of the creation of BImSchG applications
- Assistance with official control measurements
- Fabric filter
Our filter systems minimize dust emissions. With our dedusting solutions, we can achieve clean gas dust contents below 1.0 mg/m³ as standard. This means that in many cases the air can be fed back into production. The result: dust emissions are reduced and the environment is protected. Our hose filters, cartridge filters and bag filters are automatically cleaned with compressed air and are also available in stainless steel, pressure shock resistant, with trace heating and insulation as well as fire and explosion protection.
- Venturi & absorption scrubber
Your exhaust streams are moist and contaminated with gases? Our scrubbers ensure safe and efficient cleaning because they reliably remove dust from moist exhaust streams. With reasonable energy input, clean gas dust contents < 5.0 mg/m³ can be achieved. The scrubbing liquid is cleaned by automatic belt filters or timer-controlled drain valves that automatically drain a partial volume during operation. The absorption scrubbers reduce acidic and basic as well as gas-laden components in the exhaust air to the permissible values.
- Cold plasma technology COPLAS clean
Our cold plasma treatment eliminates odours like nature, only faster. COPLAS clean is our non-thermal plasma technology for industrial odour reduction. Without any chemicals, water or waste, odours are permanently eliminated. Our patented plasma reactors generate reactive oxygen and OH radicals, which are then injected into the exhaust air. The highlight: The odour molecules are oxidized within milliseconds by the non-thermal plasma technology - without direct contact with the system.
- Pneumatic transport
Bulk materials, such as cut tobacco, tea, chips or crystal sugar, are gently transported with our pneumatic transport systems to reduce product changes to a minimum. Our patented SACU tobtronic® is the most effective and safest technology to ensure transport at a low speed level without blockages. To avoid gaps and edges, our patented FPC pipe couplings are used.
- Central machine and plant cleaning VAC & NetVac®
Our machine and plant cleaning improves the working conditions of your employees, increases plant availability and reduces wear. Central cleaning systems are more efficient than mobile equipment, such as vacuum cleaners. They ensure that dust, bulk material and production residues are collected at a central location. This makes disposal much easier. The number of cleaning points installed is virtually unlimited and can be flexibly expanded.
- Central dust and material handling DCS
Central handling of bulk materials reduces costs, increases efficiency and enhances the cleanliness of machines, plants, and buildings. The consolidation of bulk materials, dusts or products at central positions is ensured by our DCS systems. In suction mode, the bulk material is automatically picked up from the receiving points and can be transported over long distances. At the receiving point, the product is fed to the further processing procedure, loaded or compacted for disposal.
Pet food // Austria
Odour reduction of extruder, cooler and dryer exhaust air in the pet food industry by injection of plasma-enriched air by COPLAS clean technology - to counteract complaints from nearby neighbors and to comply with regulatory limits.
Three COPLAS clean systems to treat the exhaust air of several production lines with an odour concentration of 5,000 GE/m³ each
- Total air volume: 48,000 m³/h
- Injection fans for fresh air supply: up to 3,300 m³/h
- Bag filter as pre-filter for extraction of the smallest particles of fresh air
- HMI for user-friendly operation
- Possibility of remote maintenance via LTE
- Prevention of backflow of exhaust air into our system
- Special design and separate installation of several systems in historically grown production environment
- Adjustment of plasma power for different recipes
- Prepared for future upgrades
- Odour reduction: < 500 GE/m³ measured according to DIN EN 13725
Pet food // Austria
Dedusting of an extruder in an animal feed production plant
Fabric filter JMT bag filter
- Filter type: JMT bag filter
- Volume flow: 28,000 m³/h
- Filter area: 238 m²
- Dust discharge: screw in filter hopper and rotary valve
- Radial fan 22 kW
- Frequency converter 22 kW
- Residual dust content < 5 mg/m³
- Filter design according to ATEX directive
- Differential pressure controlled filter cleaning