You can contact us via phone and email or use our contact form.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Dogs and cats love it: pet food. Pet food production involves numerous process steps – extrusion, drying, cooling, machine extraction or even wet food cooking. During the wet pet food manufacturing process and on the dry pet food production line, dusts and odorous substances are released into the exhaust air, which can pollute the environment and be a burden to surrounding neighbourhoods. These odour emissions are subject to strict limits. In Germany, the BImSchG (German Federal Emission Control Act) and the ‘TA Luft’ (German Technical Instructions on Air Quality Control) apply.
Riedel Filtertechnik offers a wide product portfolio with individual solutions for pet food production. So, in terms of pet food manufacturing equipment, we cover everything from dust extraction and dedusting of conveyors, extruders and dryers to the reduction of odour emissions. The precise design of our systems enables us to deliver optimal and energy-efficient solutions for the pet food production. We handle volume flows of well over 50,000 m³/h, either individually or in combination, as required. Constructive explosion protection in line with ATEX guidelines ensures safe production. Our COPLAS clean system's protective housing for reducing odour emissions provides occupational safety during operation.
- Optimised system design
- Simple maintenance and operation
- Maximum system availability and 24/7 operation
- High operational reliability and low operating costs
- Minimal space requirements
- Compliance with occupational safety standards
- Sustainable and energy efficient technologies
- Compliance with laws as well as official and technical guidelines
- Standardised and individualised solutions for industrial air pollution control throughout the entire pet food production process
- Technologies for reducing industrial odours at various emission points
- Dedusting of conveying systems, dryers, production and packing machines
- Pneumatic solutions for a gentle handling of bulk materials
- Customer-specific plant designs based on on-site Customizing
- Certified solutions according to ATEX and pressure equipment guidelines
- Process engineering components to increase plant safety, constructive explosion and fire protection
- High degree of automation and possibility for integration into existing IT infrastructure
Your project is our focus
Demanding projects require good planning. Our technical sales team will work hand-in-hand with you to develop a solution that perfectly meets your requirements. If necessary, we carry out tests on-site with our mobile COPLAS clean unit and support you with BImSchG applications. Find the right contact person for your project.
ENGINEERING & AUTOMATION
We use our technical expertise, the latest 3D applications and cutting-edge programming languages to create your individual project. We offer industry-specific expert knowledge and decades of experience in handling global projects – all from a single source.
Production, pre-assembly and quality testing activities take place at our main site in Leopoldshöhe, Germany. We excel in worldwide shipping and export matters to deliver our solutions to your door.
Riedel's experienced personnel will ensure trouble-free installation and commissioning of your system at your site – mechanical and electrical assembly combined. We would be happy to accompany you during subsequent official acceptance measurements.
We are there to help you with any questions you may have and are your long-term partner when it comes to maintenance & repair, optimization & upgrade and spare parts.
- Fabric filters
Our dedusting solutions can achieve clean gas dust contents below 1.0 mg/m³ as standard. Furthermore, in many cases, the air can be fed back into production. The result is that dust emissions are reduced by using fabric filters and we play our part in taking care of our environment. Our JMS hose filters, JMP cartridge filters and JMT bag filters are cleaned automatically with compressed air. These dedusting solutions are also available in stainless steel, with pressure shock resistance, trace heating and insulation as well as fire and explosion protection. We have the expertise to find the right type of industrial fabric filter for your production requirements.
- Venturi & absorption scrubbers
Venturi scrubbers are a proven, industry wide solution for air pollution control. Our HNA venturi scrubber can reliably remove dust from damp exhaust air flows. This wet scrubber is designed to clean gas dust content of below 5.0 mg/m³ with reasonable energy expenditure. The scrubbing liquid is treated and cleaned via automatic belt filters or time-controlled outlet valves, which empty automatically during the operation of a partial load. The absorption scrubber reduces acidic and basic as well as gas-laden components in the exhaust air to the permissible values.
- COPLAS CLEAN – Odour reduction with cold plasma
Our cold plasma treatment eliminates odours just like nature, only faster. COPLAS clean is our non-thermal plasma technology for industrial odour control. Odours are eradicated without any chemicals, water or waste. Our patented plasma reactors produce reactive oxygen and OH radicals, which are then injected into the exhaust air. The ingenious result is that odour molecules are oxidised in just milliseconds by non-thermal plasma technology – without any direct contact with your systems.
- Pneumatic transport
Bulk materials such as cut tobacco, tea, chips or crystal sugar are transported gently with our pneumatic transport system to keep production changes to an absolute minimum. Our patented SACU tobtronic® is the most effective and safest technology to ensure blockage-free, pneumatic conveying of bulk materials at a low speed. The patented FPC pipe couplings avoid gaps and edges that can affect the bulk material.
- VAC & NetVac® – Industrial central vacuum cleaning systems
Our industrial central vacuum cleaning systems improve the working conditions of your employees, increase plant availability and reduce wear and tear. Industrial central vacuum cleaning systems are more efficient than mobile industrial vacuum cleaners. These central vacuum cleaning systems ensure that any removed material, such as dust, bulk material or production residues, are collected in a central location. As a result, waste disposal is much simpler. There is no limit to the number of cleaning points that can be installed.
- Central dust and material handling – industrial dust collection system
A central industrial dust collector enhances the efficiency and cleanliness of machines, systems and buildings. Our dust collector systems consolidate bulk materials, dusts or products at central locations. When the dust collection system is in suction operation, the bulk material is automatically taken from the collection points and then transported over long distances. At the receiving point, the product is sent for further processing, loaded or compacted for disposal.
- Case study of a pet food manufacturer in Austria
- Treatment of exhaust air from extruder, cooler and dryer
- Odour reduction via cold plasma technology
- White Paper on odour emissions in the pet food industry
- Odour sources in the production process
- Comparison of various technologies
- Process specific customization of cold plasma technology
Pet food // Austria
Odour reduction in extruder, cooler and dryer exhaust air in the pet food industry. Plasma-enriched air is injected using COPLAS clean technology, resulting in fewer complaints from nearby neighbours and regulatory-limit compliance.
Three COPLAS clean systems treat the exhaust air from several production lines, each with an odour concentration of 5,000 GE/m³
- Total air volume: 48,000 m³/h
- Injection fans for fresh air supply: up to 3,300 m³/h
- Bag filter as pre-filter for extraction of smallest fresh air particles
- HMI for user-friendly operation
- Optional remote maintenance via LTE
- Exhaust air backflow protection for our system
- Special design and separate installation of several systems in historically grown production environment
- Plasma power adjustment for different recipes
- Prepared for future upgrades
- Odour reduction: < 500 GE/m³ measured according to DIN EN 13725
Pet food // Austria
Extruder dedusting at an animal feed production plant
Fabric filter JMT bag filter
- Filter type: JMT bag filter
- Volume flow: 28,000 m³/h
- Filter area: 238 m²
- Dust discharge: screw in filter hopper and rotary valve
- Radial fan: 22 kW
- Frequency converter: 22 kW
- Residual dust content < 5 mg/m³
- ATEX-compliant filter design
- Differential pressure-controlled filter cleaning